3D MODELER | TEACHER | SPEAKER
Deborah Anderson have extensive experience in the animation industry as a 3D modeler. She worked for one of the premier animation studios in Seoul, South Korea, Digital eMation. While at Digital eMation, she learned how to accurately create 3D models based on original concept designs by Fox Animation and Warner Bros and enhanced her proficiency in 3D modeling and texturing while working in a fast-paced production environment. She modeled props, vehicles and backgrounds on television shows such as, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, Batman: The Brave and The Bold, Scooby-Doo and The LeBrons.
Deborah worked at TurboSquid in New Orleans, Louisiana, as a 3D subject matter expert and troubleshooter for various artist’s projects submitted to the CheckMate Certification program. While at Turbosquid, she increased my knowledge and expertise in 3D topology, 3D conversions and gained management experience through heading a team of 11 people across four projects.
Her last position was with Louisiana Economic Development – FastStart as an Animation Specialist. She interacted with companies, project managers and subject matter experts in oil & gas, industrial manufacturing and other various industries on their training projects for new hires and employees. She also worked with Louisiana's Community and Technical Colleges system on their training and curriculum development projects. Deborah increased her aptitude on the pre-production process, communicating with laymen on their 3D needs and enhanced her 3D modeling skills. Additionally, she created 3D assets for training aids that enhanced new employee training for numerous companies in Louisiana and garnered FastStart the Business Facilities's #1 in Workforce Training award 10 years in a row.
In her free time, Deborah does speaking engagements and workshops. Her patience and knack for troubleshooting allows her to fast track the knowledge her students gain and help them create quality projects in less time. She teaches kids and adults animation and helps guide them down the path of creative expression through the medium. She wants to inspire others to contribute their story and learn something new.
Deborah is also very active in her community. She served as the President of the Urban League of Louisiana Young Professionals - Greater New Orleans for two years (2018-2019) where she created a professional development program called "The Well-Rounded Professional," partnered with the New Orleans Recreation Department to host free swimming lessons for young professionals and created a dynamic partnership with the Greater New Orleans Foundation and provided board service training for young professionals and placed them on non-profit boards across the Greater New Orleans area.. She was also on the Advocates board for New Orleans Charter Science and Math High School and on the Audience Advisory Committee for the Contemporary Arts Center.
- Essence Girls United - Meet The YouTube Creators Breaking Barriers For Black Women In Animation - August 24, 2021
- Simply Robotix - Action & Execution Feat. @BlkWmnAnimator - June 30, 2021
- Blackxecutive - Stay ready: BlkWmnAnimator on her career in 3D Modeling & teaching animation - March 15, 2021
- Black N' Animated Podcast - March 7, 2021
- Animation Magazine - The Animation Guild, Black Artists Group Present Drawing Ourselves: Being Black in Animation - February 10, 2021
- Deadline - Animation Guild & Black Artists Group To Host Panel On ‘Being Black In Animation’ - February 9, 2021
- Industry Legend Dan Haskett Speaks About The Cultural ‘Disrespect’ On The Original ‘Mulan’ Production - July 23, 2020
- Cartoon Brew Podcast: Animating While Black - June 30, 2020
- LLAG Radio - Do Animation Studios Like Pixar and Disney Actually Care About POC Representation? - January 12, 2020